[Mgs] naming cars (was MGB likes to lay a patch)

The Roxter rocknatural at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 11:49:53 MDT 2007

Howard Battan wrote:
> Well, I guess my MGs have names. The MGA was always "the A", and now that I
> have others, they are "the B" and "the TF". If I say "the MG", it's not
> clear which one I mean. My motorcycle, however, does have a real name. It's
> painted to resemble "Pappy" Boyington's Corsair, so it got to be called
> "Lulubelle"
In 1996, I obtained Terry Pratchett's permission to name the Cooper S "The Luggage," after the character in Terry's novels. In 1998, he signed the bonnet in gold paint. The Luggage is a small trunk with thousands of legs that follows Rincewind the wizzard around. It's made of sapient pearwood, so it has a mind of its own. Terry describes it thus: it's bigger on the inside than it is on the outside, it has a very bad attitude and it's fiercely loyal to its owner. That's obviously a list of Mini Cooper attibutes too.

The Victor Special TF-1 is just called "The Victor," although I also sometimes call it "The Tupperware Dragon."

-The Roxter