[Mgs] brakes

Paul Hunt paul.hunt1 at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Dec 6 02:26:28 MST 2007

Firstly this is incorrect.  The switch is of the 'normally closed' type, and
when the pedal is operated it moves away from the switch, releasing it and
lighting the lights i.e. when it is *not* depressed the lights *are*
illuminated.  When the pedal is released it operates the switch which
extinguishes the lights.

Secondly I did say that if the switch is incorrectly adjusted it can prevent
bleeding, but I also said that as it is the *pedal* that operates the
switch, unless that relationship was disturbed when changing the master (and
the pedal box *should* go back in the same place if it were correctly fitted
both before and after) then it is unlikely to be maladjustment of the switch
that has caused the problem.

I have to say I find your final paragraph, regardless of the smiley, rather
smug and patronising and not helpful to anyone least of all the person with
the problem.