[Mgs] brakes

Stephen West-fisher steve at coastaldatasystems.com
Wed Dec 5 17:37:12 MST 2007

Not really. I've seen it happen myself, and it's pretty common knowledge
among long time MG folks this side of the pond. The switch does not let the
pedal come all the way out, keeping the piston ever so slightly depressed in
the cylinder and you end up with air in the front calipers which you cannot
get out regardless of bleeding method. But the switch is not depressed, so
brake lights are not illuminated.

I believe I quoted the manual procedure to you a month or so ago. Like I
said, it's actually pretty common over here when overhauling or replacing
the master cylinder. And it's so easy to check it's a shame not to let folks
know that could be the problem with a very simple solution :-)

--
Stephen West-Fisher
Coastal Data Systems