[Mgs] Moss Big Brake Kit

Norm twobees at sprynet.com
Sat Aug 4 19:20:08 MDT 2007

I agree with Bill Spohn.  I used my '66 MGB as my daily driver all over the
northeast US during the 8 years before I moved south.  Took it on business
trips, fun rides, daily highway commutes, etc. AND raced it from '99 to '04.
I never had a problem with newer cars out-braking me on the street.  And, I
was always able to brake later than most competitors on the track.

Other than new master & wheel cyls, rebuilt calipers, the only changes were
to go to cross-drilled & slotted discs, larger rear cylinders (for lower
braking pressure & thus less lock-up of the rear brakes) and semi-metallic
shoes & carbon Kevlar pads.

On both street & track the weakest link was the tires.  And, I always ran
the best tires I could find in the largest size that would fit & meet racing
regs.  It took effort to lock them up.  But, I did it a few times.

Norm Sippel