[Mgs] Moss Big Brake Kit

WSpohn4 at aol.com WSpohn4 at aol.com
Sat Aug 4 19:19:59 MDT 2007

In a message dated 04/08/2007 5:45:08 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
awhitema at panix.com writes:

If your  MG hasn't
experienced brake fade, you haven't found the right road.
____________________________________

Or you already have  the right pads in it.

If you drive 99% civil street driving, and 1%  hard at it down hills
thrashing it, you can't expect the 99% pads to deal with  the 1% driving.

You can always spec the pads to deal with the  1% but they will be more
expensive and may cause more rotor wear.  You  takes your choices and you pays your
money.

Fortunately, if you don't mind a bit more wear  (MGB rotors are dirt cheap),
a high performance pad is able to brake well from  the first cold application,
unlike in days past.

I am not kidding you - my MG will not fade the brakes no matter how hard  you
use it - it is just a matter of pad material.

Bill