[Mg-t] So much for Tuesday.

Scott Fisher sfisher71 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 16 11:07:50 MDT 2014

Have you tried the old reliable pull-one-plug-wire trick to isolate a bad
cylinder? I mention this because when my TD started running rough and lost
power on the drive home from buying it, I popped the piano-hinged bonnet on
the ignition side, planning to do preslicely that... and saw the #1 plug wire
waving merrily in the breeze. The spark plug had actually snapped -- the
insulator broke off at the metal hex, which was still in the head. Fortunately
there were some used plugs in the box-o-spares that came with the car, and the
lovely and talented Julie Bell found one for me. Out with the old, in with the
new, reconnect the wire, drove home in style.

Here's hoping your problem is
that obvious and that easily fixed.

--Scott