[Mg-t] dual brake system

Andrew Moyce drmoyce at ent-oakland.com
Tue Apr 20 12:38:40 MDT 2010

I haven't been following this thread too closely, but I put a vacuum
servo, stock from Mini Mania into my TD and it made a big difference.  I
mounted mine on the left bulkhead, moving the horn and voltage regulator
around to make room.  If I had it to do over, I would mount it above the
rear axle. It needs a vacuum attachment from the intake manifold (I
drilled and tapped with a standard 1/4" plumbing nipple), and brake
lines to run between the master cylinder to the booster and back to the
T connector.  My vacuum hose is rubber but I would probably use copper
tubing if running to the rear. The car stops with less pedal pressure,
but the drum brakes still fade on long downhills.

Andy Moyce
52 TD.