[Mg-t] TD Charging Problem

Bob Howard mgbob at juno.com
Wed Nov 11 15:04:02 MST 2009

Hi Scott,
   Nice to see you back on the T list.
   Workshop manual tells how to check gen output.  Best to go by the book
for this, but in short you remove cables A and A1 from the control box,
connect together, then connect "moving coil" (that's our ordinary
analogue meter) voltmeter to D terminal on the gen and earth.  Run the
engine revs up until meter steadies and the volts should show 16.1-16.7
at 50 degrees F, 15.8-16.4 at 68, 15.6-16.2 at 86 degrees.
   Bob Jeffers, 10 Stony Brook Dr, Wilton NH 03086, makes a solid state
regulator conversion. It may be he who did yours.  There was someone in
CT a few years back who was doing them, but I do not remember his name.
Bob

On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 10:40:31 -0800 (PST) S Allen <s4usea at yahoo.com>
writes:
> Hi,
> It's been a while since I've been on the list, and I've missed it.
> As some of you may remember, I have a '52 TD.> The battery is no longer
charging.  At 3500rpm the charge light is