[Mg-t] TD Charging Problem

TATERRY at aol.com TATERRY at aol.com
Wed Nov 11 13:45:17 MST 2009

In a message dated 11/11/2009 11:16:42 AM Pacific Standard Time,
s4usea at yahoo.com writes:

> 1.  How do I use the voltmeter to test if the Gen or the Reg is the
> problem?
>

> 2.  Does anyone remember who does the OEM to solid state conversions?
> believe he was somewhere up in NH or Vermont and I can't find the
> receipt...

Scott, if your car has been sitting for a long time you might need to flash
the fields to restore the magnatism.  To see if the gennie is ok, disconnet
the wires to it and connect the two generator terminals together then put a
voltmeter on the connector and start the engine, don't rev too high, you
should see the voltage rise....I'm saying this from memory so I hope others
will chime in.  If it does, its not the generator.

The regulator guy is: bobj50 at comcast.net (R. K. (Bob) Jeffers)

Terry