[Mg-t] TD Charging Problem

S Allen s4usea at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 12 11:28:07 MST 2009

My thanks to everyone for their replies.

I don't think the generator needs to be flashed as my father drove the '52
regularly while I was overseas, to include picking me up at the airport the
week before.  At that time, when I drove it home from his house to mine in the
dark I noticed the charge light glowing faintly regardless of the rev range
and wrote it off to it being dark and me running the heater.  A few days later
when I hopped in it was full-on red for the whole drive.

After digging out my manual from the basement, (thanks Charlie) it says to
connect a wire to the (removed) D and F wires on the Reg.  Dave's helpful
article says to test both at the Gen's terminals and the Reg's D and F.  Is
there a consensus on this?

Also, the manual says to test using the pos wire as ground on the volmeter, (I
have a digital).  Is this true?

Again, thank you for all of the replies.  Now I have to figure out why the
dizzy on my BGT doesn't have any spark...

Thank you again,

Scott Allen

52 TD
74 1/2 BGT