[Mg-t] TD Charging Problem

Dave and Liz DuBois ddubois at sinclair.net
Wed Nov 11 14:45:45 MST 2009

Scott,

Terry has it right for testing the generator, but for detailed
instructions, see the article, Testing a Dynamo/Generator in the Other
Tech Articles section of my web site at:
http://homepages.donobi.net/sufuelpumps/

The gentleman you are looking for is Bob Jeffers.  His e-mail address is
in the article above.

To flash the generator, remove your cloths, get a rain coat...oops, wrong
flashing.  Seriously, disconnect the two wires from the generator, connect
a piece of wire to the large terminal on the generator, quickly wipe the
other end of the wire across whichever battery terminal is not connected
to ground once or twice (you should see some arcing when you do that).
Disconnect the jumper wire and reconnect the wires removed.

Cheers,
Dave