[Mg-mmm] PB Crank Flange Removal.

Clive Sherriff clive.sherriff at ntlworld.com
Thu Dec 29 16:08:44 MST 2011

There is a bit of a problem with these flanges, in that the flange can in
effect fret weld itself to the taper.  An hydraulic puller and a damn sharp
tap (=clout!) with a 4 lb hammer might do the trick.  I've had this problem
a few times on Pheonix and other close tolerance taper shafts.  Have you
tried talking to John at Phx. about this?

Clive
Oxford UK

Clive