[Mg-mmm] PB Crank Flange Removal.

Sky Hoffman ssasky at specialtyseals.com
Thu Dec 29 16:59:50 MST 2011

I've had this problem with large waste water pump impellers that are on
tapered shafts.  The fix was to use an hydraulic puller, heat the area with
a torch, and leave for the night.  The next morning the impeller had
separated from the shaft very nicely.  I suspect the shaft cooled down
faster that the impeller allowing for the separation.  Before succumbing to
this method, I'd get ahold of Phoenix and make sure you won't induce some
serious warping damage by using heat.

Sky Hoffman
San Diego, CA. USA