[Land-speed] Oil and Filter Recommendations...

Rick Byrnes Rick at RBMotorsports.com
Mon Jul 29 19:14:06 MDT 2013

Mayf
long time no hear.  Hope all is well.
Some time ago I had a discussion with a Roush engineer, who oversaw testing
of various viscosity oils.  There was NO overwhelming data that could lead
me to run anything but Mobil 1 50 wt racing oil.
The hp difference was not huge and in a turbocharged engine even with many
stage dry sump, it wasn't worth it.  The Merk always had fresh after each
event.  This was some time ago, and there may be some testing data to show
some hp gains, but without a lot of data, I don't intend to change in the
foreseeable future even on my N/A motor.
Hope to be testing the liner with partial body next spring at Wilmington.
I'm so far behind that I don't know when I can hit the salt again.  (BUT I
WILL)