[Land-speed] Oil and Filter Recommendations...

Mike Brakel mikebrakel at verizon.net
Mon Jul 29 14:51:10 MDT 2013

It's a race engine; use race oil.  My engine (a normally aspirated Hayabusa
1634cc billet stroker that makes 284 hp) has been very happy using Joe Gibbs
XP1, full synthetic race oil.  Joe Gibbs makes oil for all types of race and
performance applications.  Their product usage guide can be found at
http://www.drivenracingoil.com/news/dro/training-center/guides/instruction-s
heet-product-usage-guide/

Good oil is cheap, in the long run.  I change it after every meet.

Mike Brakel
80 Theory
ECTA:  MPS-G 1650/4  215.500 MPH
LTA:  MPS-G 3000/4  225.300 MPH