[Land-speed] 283?

Dick J lsr_man at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 5 18:50:41 MST 2012

I've seen a lot of Ford GTs run at the Texas Mile, and they all had to
struggle to get within kissin distance of 200.  The one I remember most was
one that had to be modified, re-modified, and modified a third time (at untold
costs) by the Ford Distributor from Mexico City.  He was bound and determined
to make 200 and it was not as easy as he thought.
283? Not without a whole lot of mods and a big, heathy (unhealthy) shot of
nitrous!

Dick J
In East Texas