[Land-speed] Running an Automatic Trans without a Torque Converter

Larry Mayfield drmayf at mayfco.com
Thu Dec 1 09:38:02 MST 2011

Hmm, not sure where in my request for parts info and or experience
running a trans without a TC, I mentioned the need for a flywheel,
clutch, clutch pedal or anything else like that.  Looking for a direct
coupling that connects teh crankshaft directly to the input shafts on
teh rans and also provides for the trans front fluid pump.  Made for
'glides and I know of a number of folk who use them. Bell housing is
empty except for maybe a flex plate  for starter operation. Noting else
in there. Does require a push start off the line but for B'ville that's
ok with me.

So, I do not understand the comment regards all the other stuff.

mayf

drmayf
Worlds Fastest Sunbeam, period.
204.913 mph flying mile