[Land-speed] Flanges

bobbyhotrods at comcast.net bobbyhotrods at comcast.net
Fri Jun 19 10:34:17 MDT 2009

I see in the latest HRM somebody's offering short lengths of aluminum tube with a nice flanged lip on one end for boosted intake plumbing. At $30 + a pop they're a bit "spendy" as Mayf would say.
I have good quality hose on my deal and not alot of space between tubes. The hose has survived a dyno session, but I'm concerned about a prolonged effort with more boost dialed in.
Are the flanges just the way to go period, or is there maybe some sort of clamping design out there that I should consider. Thanks, BJ in Beantown, where it just keeps raining