[Land-speed] Rear End Ratios..

drmayf drmayf at mayfco.com
Sat Jun 20 08:01:05 MDT 2009

Slightly different direction this morning... my car shows have been pre
empted by Ultimate Fighting Championship programs... have to do
something with my time....

What is the highest rear end ratio that was/is commonly available in
modern cars? I am thinking of something for better fuel mileage in my
real Sunbeam Tiger.  Conversely, what was/is the highest ratio available
for a Dana 44 which is the OEM rear end. Right  now it has a 2.88 rear
gear.  One of you out there has this information on the tip of your tongue..