[Land-speed] Hurricane Ike & World Finals

John Szalay jpszalay01 at insightbb.com
Thu Sep 25 14:29:31 MDT 2008

From: "Jim Webb" <jimwebb at nutsracing.com>

> So, the long & the short of it is that we won't make WF this year and man,
> were we pumped. >
> Jim Webb

Glad to see that you road out the storm, OK,  & sorry about WF.

After Ike was through with you,  the winds (75MPH gusts) of Ike came to
Louisville KY and
did a number on us, ( no rain, Just 4 hours of no stop winds) we got power
back after
4 days on the generator, the rest of the county took 11 days, Thanks to the
hard work of
over 1100  very overworked utility  crews.
 I've worn out the chainsaw and my shoulders & arms. Had to cut two trees
out of the road to get to one daughters house, county crew removed one tree
to get to
 the others place.
 Tree behind the my garage ALMOST took out my neighbors race car trailer.
got caught
in a fork within feet  of its roof. still waiting for the tree guy with his
crane to remove the
rest of the tree, too big for me .
 the guy down the road  lost his new motorcycle trailer.

 But like you, we were lucky..  no major damage and NO injuries to family.

  Luck to all at WF...

                                                   John & Brenda