[Land-speed] Hurricane Ike & World Finals

ifixmgs at cox.net ifixmgs at cox.net
Fri Sep 26 04:29:39 MDT 2008

S.E. VA just went through a lightweight nor'easter the past couple days - lots of rain/road flooding but not much damage. But last week, the remnants of Ike brought down a 60' tall 14" in diameter poplar tree in our paddock.
It should have taken out the tin roof barn, but somehow  did a pirouette, and  fell across the forward edge of the roof of a pony trailer where it curves downward in an egg-shell shape. Must be something to that,  because the tree broke across it  but left the trailer intact without anything more than just a big spot of marred-up paint and a fist sized dent that popped right out with a soft hammer.

Mark C