[Land-speed] Theft Insurance

BWANA343 at aol.com BWANA343 at aol.com
Wed Nov 12 08:53:15 MST 2008

In a message dated 11/12/2008 10:04:32 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
gmc6power at earthlink.net writes:

In  2004  my trailer was broken in while stored in a storage facility. Top
tool box (bottom bolted to floor), jack, generator, and ez-up along with the
new factory wheels from my Ford F-250 were taken.

All the parts,  nitro, and tires were were left untouched.

Fire suit and safety gear  is always kept in a suit case in the loft of my
garage. Everything was covered  under homeowners insurance minus the $500
deduct. If I would have had better  locks you couldn't pinch with bolt cutters they
would not have gotten in.

You relly feel violated when this happens. Check your  locks.............Good
Luck
Basically the same deal with me, everything not bolted down walked away.  But
they took tires and wheels, and did rip the elec  winch and 12V  battery off
the floor, which was bolted down, probably used the ramps for  levers. They
did leave those 10ft ramps, apparently couldn't get them out the  side doors.
Calling the Ins Co now, trying to get clarification on that "hold-back"
deal.
BOB W