[Land-speed] Arizona speed traps

Jon Wennerberg jon at infodestruction.com
Sun Jan 20 11:21:29 MST 2008

On Jan 19, 2008, at 8:03 PM, <neil at dbelltech.com>
<neil at dbelltech.com> wrote:

Ditto for the "red light runner" photo ticketing system. Scottsdale was
caught reducing the timing of their yellow lights to make it more
difficult
to stop on red.

Maybe -- but the number of folks running through the yellow, running
the red -- sure seems greater than ever these days.  I know I see
lots of them up here -- and lots of accidents from folks trying to
stretch the yellow light and get through.  If you're in such a hurry
that you need to get through the light -- leave home a minute
earlier!  Don't be so danged selfish that your need to beat the light
is more important than obeying the laws that are there to make
driving safer for all of us.

I'd rather have the photo/red light system up here than not -- but
Michigan law doesn't allow tickets to be issued without a policeman
having witnessed the incident in person.

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan
              (that's 'way up north)