[Land-speed] Non-LSR turban, part three

atrav atrav at copper.net
Mon Feb 18 13:52:55 MST 2008

John Thornton wrote:
> As an ex-paramedic my opinion is if you want to ride sans helmet go for
> it but don't whine if you're involved in an accident and you're
> prioritized last since paramedics can then take that as a sign that you
> care very little about your own well being.

Don't assume a guy without a helmet cares little, FWIW I've had two
helmets stolen over the decades I've been a rider, both giving an 'in
the wind' ride home.
Plus, if people were dumb enough to leave their helmet locked to their
bike at the parking lot across from St. Andrews Hall in Detroit, there'd
be a good chance someone would piss in it. ;o)
Frankly, I'd say that if motorcyclists are going to get screwed in the
ER, then at least put the SUV cell phone talkers last in line.

And that is worth all of the $0.02.

-Aron-