[Land-speed] [BULK] Fw: YAW Control

Dave Dahlgren ddahlgren at snet.net
Mon Dec 22 15:45:57 MST 2008

What I took great exception to was the nitrous never worked right.. your
quote....the only safety device was an rpm switch from MSD as an interlock
so if for some reason the rpm dropped too low we would not knock the
bearings out.. Seemed to work every time I was there. Maybe I was day
dreaming and missed the failure though doubt it to be candid. I take a
tremendous amount of pride in my accomplishments on the salt and you have
disparaged them in my mind.. pretty sad at the end of the day to be
honest... I have helped a bunch of people set records including you and
Tonya the last email you sent diminished that a great deal and as I said I
take great offense at that. If it makes you feel better great but as well
you know the real deal... sigh.... This note is starting to convince me
anything other than a personal effort a large waste of time to be candid...
Sort of like how we were all set for tickets to the 2 club banquet until I
got there and there were none.. you and Tonya had too many guests and I was
free crew other than a plane ticket.. taken for granted an understatement in
my mind.. bigger sigh.. it's the old deal what comes around goes around but
have no time for make believe stories that are self serving just does not
play well here or anywhere for that matter.. I do forgive though never
forget I guess it is all about being the old sage and bling factor for you I
have none nor need any... In the end I am truly disappointed in you.... The
only person I ever met with disposable friends...
Dave

Here it is..
Every single Nitrous Safety device I've used on the Camaro at Bonneville has
failed ruining some great or not so great runs as a result... hence I don't
run Nitrous safety devices... I count on the driver to have a brain... and
some degree of personal control...