[Land-speed] Ford's Hydrogen 999 racer shooting for fuel cell land speed record » Hybrid News

James Tone gmc6power at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 12 09:49:37 MDT 2007

>>We have built a VERY safe car, with  and I am quite excited about the
>opportunity given  me.  As I said earlier, I am blessed.
>
>Rick Byrnes
>

>I'm sure there will be more info coming

Rick you have good fortune. I hope Ford's interest does not cause the "circus" event that many of the others have. By the meager explanation the vehicle is not anything anyone could ever own but shows some potential for someone.

GM's "joke" (my opinion) with SoCal by building a car, changing the drive train. chopping the top, etc and then saying we have the fastest Cobalt, HHR, etc does not improve an image or impress me at all. I can't buy it so why do it. Sorry my feeling.

If I had all the money they have I would ask them to bring out an engine in my pickup that was not using the public as a test bench then complain when it doesn't work out.

With over 500 entries and the circus which happens each time one of these cars leave the line or end up in impounds makes toleration difficult at best for the average guy wanting to run his car. Hey it happens and we know it.

Publicity is good but if none of these vehicles ever showed up the meet would go on like it always have, no big deal. I hope someone learns something from this.

Another opinion, Hydogen cars will never work out in mass. Ethanol cars will be another joke as soon as owners find out 15 gallons won't take you anywhere and maintenance cost have yet to be stated.

OK it's everyones turn to yell at me....JD