[Land-speed] EFI lessons

Ed Purinton ecpurinton at wildblue.net
Thu Jul 12 05:17:15 MDT 2007

Sparky,

     Have the car positioned and strapped down to prevent it from moving
forward BEFORE jacking drive wheels, starting car and dyno rollers, and
then slowly lowering wheels against spinning rollers to test. We used
straps from the front of the car running rearward to the floor and a
floor jack under the rear of the car.  My function was the operation of
the rear master electrical power switch on the car, either stood well to
the side or had an escape path planned at all times.  Always the
possibility of big things happening real fast.  Plan and set up
accordingly, be careful, and it can be done.  Hope you have a safe and
successful test.

     Thanks for the EFI tips, very interesting.

Ed