[Land-speed] Deceleration

BWANA343 at aol.com BWANA343 at aol.com
Mon Dec 3 20:19:44 MST 2007

I'd like to advance a subject that's not often considered in this  sport,
namely braking a vehicle.  Basically, is there a formula that  considers speed,
weight, a drag chute, CD, Tires, etc., and obviously surface to  determine a
safe distance? Obviously the best answer will be actual  experience on the track
of choice, but I observed the NHRA shut down areas and  see how fast the Top
Fuelers and Funnies stop, considering their speed, but this  has to do with
BHP available, I'd assume.
 Mayf, single syllable words, please.
Bob W