[Land-speed] Front axle

Steve Meierdiercks smsandimas at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 31 21:56:24 MDT 2007

Glen and JD,
                    What I was trying to find out if there are any
advantages going to a narrower front axle.It seems that some of the
roadsters have the wheels in a closer to the body then mine. This was my
first year running at Bonneville and the learning experience was truly
unbelievable.
                    About 6 years ago when I started building my roadster
for Bonneville,I had  a front axle built by Specialty Cars in Calif..It was
built out of 2 inch DOM and 44" wide at the bosses.After calling them to
ask about a new shorter axle,it seems they are no longer in business.After
a few calls today there seems no one wants to build a tube axle at the
length I want.So I  guess I will have to build my own.
                   After leaving So Cal 2 years ago and now living in NW
Arkansas, still trying to make some new connections.

THANKS STEVE