[Land-speed] Front axle

James Tone gmc6power at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 31 15:53:01 MDT 2007

There is a minimum tread width that must be followed. The rest is up to you. Most all gas/fuel roadsters are similar today. Drivers position vary as well as drivers set back position to the extent of the rules. It all depends on what you like. Minimun tread width is spelled out in the rule book.

Speciality axle widths and spring style vary and with todays "lawyers" dictating many of the manulacturing of speciality axles.  Many will only make a "standard" width, along with the spindle styles on using. Discussions with them is the only way to find out what they will do.

Most of the time it's the guy who can get the most amount of horse power to the ground who holds the record not the width of the front axle.

Good Luck