[Land-speed] No Hands(I disagree)

Keith Turk kturk at ala.net
Thu Aug 30 03:40:35 MDT 2007

I've kind of sat back on this one... but Sorry guys... I drive with my left
hand and use my right hand to do all kinds of things....  oh like say SHIFT?
The first part of the course is when I do the most driving and my right hand
is rowing a shifter most the time as the car is accelerating thru the
gears...  Normally on the big end of the course everything is settled down
and I put both hands on the wheel.... but I'm very comfortable reaching for
the chute cable with my right hand.  I even put my hand on the chute handle
for the last 1/2 mile or so...

Currently we even have the Nitrous button on the shifter... ( I don't agree
with this...it's just what we have. )  Hard to put your hand on the chute
when it's actuating a Nitrous button by the way... and it delays the amount
of time you have in places like Maxton or El Mirage.

Anyway...  The advantage of a Cable that your pulling on is that it's almost
always effective...

Keith