[Land-speed] No Hands(I disagree)

Joe Timney joetimney at dol.net
Thu Aug 30 06:30:51 MDT 2007

I have to agree with Keith on this one. (No, we don't always agree) LOL
Electrical release mechanisms are ok but you need an override system. As
a tech inspector at Maxton & Bonneville, I would not sign off on a
non-cable system without a cable backup. Maxton is no place to be late
with the chute...or with a wrong size chute( it hurts when you land on
the drivers rocker panel).

I like to have a master kill switch on the wheel so I can use my left
thumb to hit it down as I cross the finish line while clutching the car.
My right hand has already pulled the chute and is going for the shifter.

Just things I have learned the hard & expensive way,
joe