[Land-speed] Bail out

Tom Bryant saltracer at awwwsome.com
Mon Aug 27 10:18:35 MDT 2007

Hello to all,

I am somewhat troubled by this discussion of age being a factor in our
capacities to participate as a driver at Bonneville. I know that that there
are situations that warrant concern, but I don't believe age is the primary
factor.

At 77 years, I am basically blind in one eye (have been all my life) deaf in
one ear and hearing impaired in the other (also a condition that goes back
many years) basically I am in better physical condition than many that I
know in their 50s. I plan to be doing this for another 5-10 years. When I am
no longer physically able to do this safely, then I will hang it up. Just
don't take an arbitrary figure and say this is unsafe for me.

The most at risk are those physically and mentally unprepared. Keeping
active physically and mentally alert, by the exercise of both body and mind,
will serve us well in all areas of life.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/FCC

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of faint_grain.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of elephant_en.gif]