[Healeys] Hydraulic system maintenance

m.g.sharp at sympatico.ca m.g.sharp at sympatico.ca
Thu Jun 15 05:49:01 MDT 2023

John,  I generally believe in the axiom, "don't fix it unless it is broken".
If your wheel cylinder/caliper/master cylinder seals are not leaking and the
hoses are not hardened, and your brake lines are not rusted, then I would
just refill with DOT3 or DOT4 fluid and bleed it.  I have not done a
complete brake system overhaul for at least 25 years, but have replaced a
wheel cylinder, that is all.

Best, Mirek