[Healeys] Main beam warning light

simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com
Sat Sep 10 02:41:13 MDT 2022

We're looking at a MkII BT7 here....

So, my speedo has just come back from calibration and, comparing it to the
one still in the car I see that the former has a RED "Main beam warning
light" whereas the latter, still in the car, has a BLUE one.

The bible, Anderson & Moment, is confused and confusing on the topic. Page
104:- "..next was the speedometer, with a number on its face indicating its
ratio, and which included a mileage meter, resettable odometer, and the RED
"ignition" (discharging) warning light....On the right was the tachometer
with a number on the face indicating the ratio, and incorporating the RED
high-beam warning light."

Now, unless that all refers to LHD cars, that's just a muddle. Doubtless
subject to subsequent corrections.

However, it leaves me confused as to which colour is correct.

So......?

Thanks,

Simon