[Healeys] Starter electrical problem not solved with new starter. Gremlins?

rfbegani at gmail.com rfbegani at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 15:10:58 MDT 2022

Listeners:

You may recall my comments about the High Torque starter which would go zap
and cause the entire electrical system to go dead.  My two friends are much
more knowledgeable than I and could not figure out why.   Eventually I
discovered if you take off the battery ground and leave it off for a few
minutes, then reconnect, viola the electrical system comes alive again. The
fuel pump hums, the lights go on, the horn blows.  Unfortunately, when you
engage the starter zap goes the starter. We took the starter off the car and
bench tested it. We tested the positive cable from the battery solenoid, the
ground, all connections and so on. Same problem.

I got a new starter from WOSP and installed it.  Same problem.  The noise is
always in the starter.

We are stumped IDEAS??

Bob Begani

BJ8 67. .