[Healeys] Overdrive Clutch Springs

gradea1 at charter.net gradea1 at charter.net
Sun Oct 10 14:05:38 MDT 2021

Harold- I would purchase replacement springs from Overdrive Spares in
UK. It appears that you would want to get 4 new short springs (the're
tired), and if all 4 long look equally correct you could re-use them.
The importance being that together they "equally" put pressure on the
clutch lining to keep the car in direct drive (without slipping). Be
sure to put the shorts (inner) and long (outer) in properly or they
will coil bind and really not work well.
I don't know the spring rates, but if you get them from OD Spares,
they will be the right ones for the job. Be sure to give them the
overdrive number on the casing for reference to get the correct set.
Moss has them as well as AH Spares, but did they come from OD Spares,
or made in ...? Hank

Healeys"