[Healeys] overdrive problem

Michael Salter michaelsalter at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 08:34:04 MDT 2021

Bob, I looked into installing "O" rings into an accumulator many years ago
but couldn't figure out how to get around the problem presented by the fact
that the accumulator relieves pressure by allowing the cast iron rings to
pass over radial holes in the body.
When I tried them the "O" rings were forced into those pressure relief
holes and tiny pieces were sliced off at each hole location!!
How do the accumulators with "O" rings address that issue?