[Healeys] overdrive problem

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Fri Mar 26 08:26:10 MDT 2021

Maybe of interest to some: AFAIK, all O/D accumulators came with metal
rings, which likely cause or at least contribute to scoring. One of the
Brit suppliers--probably AHS but I'm not sure--has an accumulator setup
that uses an O-ring(s) instead of metal rings, which should prevent
scoring. I rebuilt my O/D a couple years back, and if I'd known of the
O-ring type I would have installed it. Earlier O/Ds used metal rings in
the actuator pistons, but later ones had O-rings, and it's logical to
conclude LdeN went to O-rings there because of excessive scoring of the
cases (or, possibly, because they were cheaper).