[Healeys] speedo stuck at 78 MPH

Roger Grace roggrace at telus.net
Sat Jun 12 21:49:58 MDT 2021

 As the needle is stuck, it sounds like the movement/bearing is sticky. The
hair spring should return it if OK.
If you do decide to replace it, maybe consider a digital replacement that
you can get built with the exact face as your current one - it can be tuned
to be dead accurate - independent of diff or tires. The only issue is that
there is a small lcd trip recorder. I have one on my BJ8 and nobody notices
the lcd as the speedo face is the same as original and as the tacho, About
180 gbp from Speedy Cables in Wales. You would need to sort out a source of
pulses to drive it. Absolutely no needle jiggering either - it is just like
a modern car speedo.
If of interest, I could send you a photo.
rg