[Healeys] speedo stuck at 78 MPH

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sat Jun 12 23:59:11 MDT 2021

re: "As the needle is stuck, it sounds like the movement/bearing is sticky."

Yep. Hence the 'tap the face of the gauge trick' (for dramatic effect,
if nothing else).

Side note: I've taken several speedos apart and actually got one or two
back together. I expected to see an alleged 'jeweled bearing,' but as
far as I could tell it was brass-on-brass (the brass needle spindle
against a brass pocket). No Swiss watch stuff.

Bob