[Healeys] 100-6/3000 muffler

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Fri Jun 11 14:52:44 MDT 2021

Ira,

Which part did you blow out? If the pipes are still in good shape, a
muffler shop shop should be able to weld some new mufflers in there
(should be good for a few years at least). I'm still running an Ansa I
bought three decades ago, albeit with some 'Heartthrob' glass packs
stitched in; it's got a bit raspier sound--sometimes, people think I
have a Nasty Boy--but I don't hear it much at speed. Some shops can fab
a whole new set for you--minus downpipes--and it might not less than
Moss's 'Tourist Trophy' chromed set. Mike Lempert, of steering wheel
fame, was going to fab some Ansa knockoffs, but never did.

Side note: There are two kinds of mufflers that I know of: glasspack,
and 'turbo' (baffled). The Ansa was glasspack, and originally made my
car sound like a 6-cyl Ferrari (noticeably higher pitch). Anybody know
what the originals were?

Bob