[Healeys] BJ8 Rear Brake

Healey 67healey at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 09:46:30 MDT 2021

Hi Michael - to elaborate - after a few miles of driving, the rear brake in
question was getting so hot, it started to smoke :-(
In retrospect, that was probably exacerbated by there still being some
residual brake fluid on the drum (even though I thought I had cleaned it
all off) from the previous / original wheel cylinder that went bad.
However, the underlying problem of the cylinder not retracting is confirmed
with the drum off.

Thanks,

Neil