[Healeys] Choke question

Leonard Berkowitz DrBerkowitz at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 9 07:54:59 MST 2021

I have just reinstalled the carburetors on my BJ7 after replacing the jet assemblies on both. I purchased new scuttle to carburetor choke lines. Which installed fairly easily. Only problem is that both are considerably longer than they need to be. That didn't present a problem for the rear carb but the choke wire on the front was hitting the horn and this interfered with the operation of the choke.  I tried to cut the wire and it just unraveled and became unusable. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to shorten the wire before or after it is installed.