[Healeys] Fuel sender leak

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Mon Jan 4 09:38:56 MST 2021

PTFE (teflon) thread sealant has worked well for me over the years;
particularly on differential plugs (and IIRC I used it on my sender screws).

In my experience, you have to torque copper washers pretty tight to get
them to seal--not a problem with pan drain plugs--and they can be
annealed back to soft. Note one of the major causes for sender leaks is
owners over-torquing the screws--trying to stop a leak--and warping the
flange on the sender (not that I would EVER do such a thing). Sometimes,
you can flat-file the flange back to straightness.

Bob