[Healeys] "M" camshaft

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Fri Feb 12 10:23:46 MST 2021

Usually, a cam 'upgrade' goes along with other mods, higher compression,
headers, higher mixture delivery, timing curve change, etc. Michael
confirms the M cam doesn't cause drivability issues, but I don't think
you'd get much, if any, performance increase without the other mods. If
you put a really radical cam in an engine, you could get drivability
issues (it probably wouldn't idle very well, for one thing). Are you
thinking of installing one with a mind to do the other mods later?

Bob