[Healeys] Centre Change Gear Sticks

gradea1 at charter.net gradea1 at charter.net
Thu Dec 2 22:36:58 MST 2021

LETS BE CAREFUL HERE. WE HAVE OTHERS WHO HAVE BEEN STUCK IN GEAR OR
WITHOUT GEARS. THE NYLON BUSH IS ONLY USED ON THE BJ8. The brass bush
is used on the MK II gearbox, which INCLUDES THE BJ7. The BJ7 is
actually a MK II Healey. The shift levers are different as well. Here
are the numbers from the parts book:
BJ7 lever AEC8636, Bush-brass AEC 3520 (1 pr.) Circlip 1G3709- this
comes as a set. Roll pins (2) AEA558. Circlip hold two halves of bush
together.
BJ8 lever 22B195-non/OD. Lever AEC3636 w/OD. Lever Bush 22B191
(nylon). Roll Pin AEA558 This arrangement starts with: GB 101-118
wo/OD, 101-1441 w/OD
What will happen if you use the nylon bush in the MKII GB, is that
after a few shifts the nylon will get mangled and there goes your
gears.
MKII BRASSMKIII NYLON- DO NOT SUBSTITUTE. Hank

Healeys"