[Healeys] BN1 or BN2

Curtis Arndt cnaarndt at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 10:12:19 MDT 2021

Michael,

*<I wonder if any BN2's were built with the BN1 style front fender--with
the smaller wheel opening and lower sledge?>*

To answer your question YES, but only a very few, and in the first weeks of
BN2 production. Tom Kovacs did a video years ago on an early BN2 painted in
Carmine red with ALL BN1 body panels, an NO, it had the smooth side rear
wings. I know of no BN2s with BN1 front wings, and the later rear wings
with the character line, but that doesn't mean there were none.

The smooth rear wings lasted for months, and possibly into October of 1955
for BN2 production. The last car that I personally have knowledge of is a
100M, body no. 1099X.

*<Is the location of the OD and ignition/OD switches more reliable an
indicator?>*

It can be, but not the best nor sole indicator.

Cheers,

Curt Arndt