[Healeys] BN2 Brake Problem

john harper ah100tech at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 04:08:05 MDT 2021

Bill

There are two different ways that Girling and Lockheed adjust front brakes.
Lockheed has an adjuster between the wheel cylinder and the brake shoe.

Girling adjusts the brakes by letting the shoe be permanently in contact
with the wheel cylinder with a snail cam acting as a backstop that can move
the shoe and wheel cylinder piston closer to the drum. If the shoe is
adjusted with the cam it can leave air in the cylinder that will not bleed
out but will leave a soft pedal.

Try adjusting the snail cams to allow the shoes and pistons to be fully
down and then try bleeding.