[Healeys] How Should the Door Striker Assembly Work?

Harold Manifold manifold at telus.net
Sat Sep 12 10:40:42 MDT 2020

In the box of parts I received with my car there were three door striker
assemblies and it looks like there are enough decent parts to make two
working door strikers. All three were assembled with different washers in a
different arrangement. I have figured out the threads are 5/16" BSF as one
of the strikers had a 5/16" UNF nut. It looks like there is the a metal tube
bonded to a rubber sleeve which is also bonded to the mounting plate. I
assume the idea is the threaded latch piece is held tight to the metal tube
using some arrangement of washers and the acorn nut. The rubber sleeve would
allow the latch to rotate a bit in each direction. The latch can be aligned
to the the lock on the door and tightened.

Is this how it should operate? Any suggestions on the type of washers and
how they should be arranged?

I have attached a picture of the parts less the 5/16" UNF nut which is the
only item I am sure is wrong.

Thanks .... Harold